Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ending 2010

Here I am, planning my year end writing for 2010. I try to wrap up the year by writing in my kids' journals, and I try to reflect on the events of the year.  I don't normally try to analyze which of my actions were mistakes and which were successes because I think that is all relative in God's big scheme.  I do try to think on what needs to happen for the coming year based on the past.

Dos:
Spend more time with my kiddos......they need me to focus and be in the moments with them.
Love more, stress less.
Stay healthy...it makes a difference to EVERYthing else.  Can't bring my A-game when I'm weak.
Remember my purpose for everything.....don't get distracted by the speed bumps or my own need for kudos.
Tell everyone I love them.....when I do....and I usually do.
Have experiences with the people I love and get that stuff on film sometimes....hard lesson with an inside story.

Don't:
Let the negativity seep in. Idid that a lot this year.
Use any extra heartbeats being anxious for the small, pointless stuff.
Get frustrated when my efforts do not get immediate feedback.....be happy with the big feedback at the end.

I am here now for a purpose that I don't always have to understand.  The system (God's, not man's) has good stuff built in.  You only see God when you take the time to notices the good things.  When Sam says that he wants to just hug me, or Ashley tells me that the cruise was fun because we were there,  when Emily shines that giant heart of hers on everyone around her...those are things meant for me to notice.  My husband loves me and shows it in his ways...if we miss this stuff we miss the "God" stuff that is easy to see if we open our eyes.  We criticize the people in the Bible for the things they missed or forgot about who God is, but we all do it in our own ways 97 times a day.   Stop that. 

That's it.  I am going to be grateful to be 41 as I head into 2011.  I am grateful for a home, a family, and a job.  Oh yeah,  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment